|Notice of participation|
Jèma as a precious gemstone and a gem of the vine: just as the precious stone is extracted from the earth, the vine's gem comes to the world by blooming from the plant.
Jèma, a wine in purity, the main characteristic of the precious gem. There is much symbolism around this elegant and charming wine. This year our Photographic Award, after the previous editions of "Wait" and "Purity," continues with Elegance's new theme. From the Latin “eligere,” that is to choose, elegance is the art of living and thinking, which can manifest itself in the care of the physical appearance, but which goes far beyond. Jèma is elegant because it contains all the organoleptic characteristics of the wine harmoniously. In its production, we are constantly looking for perfection: we choose the vineyard with the best exposure, the correct grape clone, the most effective pruning, the right harvest time, the most suitable woods, with the utmost attention to every detail.
Jèma International Photo Award by Gerardo Cesari and Compagnia Editoriale Aliberti is reserved to photographers, professionals and beginners, without any limits of age or nationality, who will
present a photographic work that represents elegance according to their view (see the following paragraphs for further specifications).
Those who do not respect the terms and conditions for the presentation of the works established by this regulation will be excluded from the Award.
Jèma International Photo Award –The Elegance is reserved to rigorously unpublished photographic works.
Therefore, works published in whole or in part in any format will be excluded from the contest. Authors can participate to the Award with only one photographic work.
All those who wish to compete for the Prize must send an email to:
It is not possible to ask for confirmation of receipt of the works sent.
To the email it is necessary to attach:
1) entry form for the competition available at the bottom of this competition announcement, or downloadable from the website www.cesariverona.it or www.aliberticompagniaeditoriale.it, complete in all its items.
2) work to be submitted to the competition, that must meet the technical specifications, which you can read below.
Characteristics of the work:
Candidates can submit a photo with a free theme (portraits, landscapes, abstract images, etc.) as long as the concept of the Award is represented and expressed: the Elegance.
The word “Elegance” comes from the latin term “eligere”, which means “to choose”. It can be considered a lifestyle and a mindset, that can express itself in the way of dressing, but it goes beyond clothing. It concerns indeed also presence, gestures, the way of speaking. It is a mixture of politeness, flair, personality and curiosity. It consists of something absolutely mysterious in its final outcome. A wine can be considered elegant, when it embodies in a harmonious way the features of the fruit, its scent and its structure.
Making an elegant wine involves choosing the vineyard, the vine clone, the right time for pruning, or harvesting, and the types of wooden barrels to employ. It involves, in other words, becoming nearly obsessive with absolute care of details.
1) The Photo should be saved as a .jpg file and it should be max 3MB (in case of selection you will be asked for a high-resolution photo file - 300 dpi, suitable for printing in exhibitions).
2) The file must be renamed as follows: SURNAME_NAME_WORKTITLE (es. White_James_TheTime.jpeg).
the photo must be accompanied by a short presentation text (min 5 lines, max 15 lines).
Gerardo Cesari and Compagnia Editoriale Aliberti will keep the participants informed through press releases and website, social updates (www.cesari.it and www.aliberticompagniaeditoriale.it). 1. Participants relieve Gerardo Cesari and Compagnia editoriale Aliberti of any responsibility of the ownership and originality of the presented work. Furthermore, participants ensure that the work is not a copy or a partial/entire modification of an art work of others.
2. The author ensures the unpublished condition of their work worldwide and the exclusive ownership of the work by the author. They also have to prove that the photo hasn’t already been presented to other competitions, while waiting for it to be evaluated.
3. The author accepts the publication of the work, if the latter is selected for the final exhibition.
The submission of the photographic work ensures the commitment of the author not to withdraw it during the Award.
Submitting a work to the competition, implies full acceptance of the following conditions by the participants:
1. The author agrees to the disclosure of the work in the press and in the media, in the event that he is selected as finalist.
2. The author gives his guarantee that releases Gerardo Cesari and the Aliberti Publishing Company, of any responsibility, regarding the originality of the work presented, and its ownership and exclusivity on the exploitation rights of the work itself, all over the world without limitation or charge towards third parties and the guarantee that it has not been presented to any other competition with pending resolution.
3. The author declares that Gerardo Cesari is relieved of any dispute and or claim for compensation that, in any entitlements, third parties may possibly advance regarding the ownership and/or use of the work presented.
4. The author agrees with the printing of the work, if selected for the exhibition/exhibitions or for other publication purposes of the company.
The presentation of the work in itself guarantees the commitment by its author not to withdraw it from the competition.
The competition is divided into two main sections, Master and Open, to which a Special Editorial Mention and a Special Mention for the photography course of the Brera Academy are to be added. Below
are the specifications of the different sections:
The Master section of the Jèma International Photographic Award – Elegance- is aimed at professional photographers.
The works of the photographers nominated in this section will be evaluated by the jury (for the composition of which see the next paragraph) who will select twenty finalist photos from among the candidates for the prize. All the finalists will be part of the exhibition to be held in September (location and date to be defined).
The winning will be decreed among the twenty finalists.
The author of the winning work of the Professionals Section Award:
- will have the right to exhibit his photograph in a privileged position in the exhibition itinerary;
- will be the guest of Gerardo Cesari in the Lake Garda area for a weekend, together with a companion;
- you will receive 3 liters bottle of Amarone with a plaque.
The competition cannot be declared void nor can the Prize be shared between two or more works.
The Open section of Jèma-L'Eleganza International Photographic Award is reserved for non-professional photographers. All the works forward in this section will be submitted to the public vote through the Facebook page of Gerardo Cesari. In particular, an album renamed "Jèma Award - Elegance - Open section" will be created, in which the nominated photographs will be uploaded and submitted to the votes through Facebook reactions. There is no distinction between reactions, each click is worth a vote. The ten most clicked photos by 31 July 2021 will be submitted to the jury's evaluation and from this final vote will result three classified, awarded according to the following methods:
- the winner of the Open section will receive 3 liters of Amarone with plate and his photo will participate in the final exhibition together with the photos of the Professionals section.
- the second and third classified will also see the participation of their photo in the final exhibition of the Professionals section.
In addition, a magnum bottle of Jèma will be given to each one. The competition cannot be declared void.
Special Editorial Mention
Aliberti publishing company will assign a special mention to three photos that can be chosen from both sections of the competition and that can become cover images of future editorial publications.
Special Mention Brera Academy
The jury will assign a special mention to a photograph selected among those proposed by the candidates of the photography course of the Brera Academy.
The Selection Committee, renamed the jury, will be composed of the following members, freely designated by Gerardo Cesari and the Aliberti publishing company:
1) Professore Claudio Marra(President), professor of History of Photography;
2) Cristina Bowerman, chef at Glass Hostaria, Rome, one Star Michelin;
3) Alessandra Piubello, journalist and Writer, Professional Taster;
4) Michael Housewright, wordwilde famous Wine Fotographer;
5) Francesco Aliberti, editor;
6) Viviana Nella Stagni, hospitality and Pr Gerardo Cesari;
7) Angelo Falmi, professor at Brera Accademy, Milan.
The selection and evaluation of the works presented, will be established by Gerardo Cesari and the Aliberti publishing company with the collaboration of the technical jurors.
The longlist of the twenty works selected in the Master section will be officially announced by July 2021 on the website www.cesari.it, on www.aliberticompagniaeditoriale.it and diffused through social media and press releases.
The twenty works will be part of the Gerardo Cesari - Elegance exhibition to be held in September date and place to be communicated.
To these twenty works will be added the first three classified in the Open section, the first among those selected for the Special Editorial Mention and the winner of the Special Mention of the photography course of the Brera Academy for a total of 25 works that will be exhibited.
The exhibition catalogue will be published by the Aliberti in digital format and distributed on allon-line stores.
The jury will select the winning photo of the Master section among the twenty finalists, at its sole unquestionable discretion. The winner will be announced during the final event.
The three finishers of the Open section will instead be publicly announced one week before the exhibition.
Any deliberation of the jury will be undisclosed.
Gerardo Cesari and Aliberti Publishing Company will not respond to the opinions expressed by the selectors / members of the jury before or after the awarding of the Prize, in relation to any work presented.
The achievement of the Prize by the author of the winning work implies that the author exclusively assigns to Gerardo Cesari and the Aliberti publishing company all the rights of economic use in
Italy, including, by way of example, those of publication by press, of trade, translation, audio-visual and cinematographic use, processing in other literary or artistic form, summaries, compendiums,
reproduction of single parts, also in conjunction with other works or parts of them, exploitation in electronic form , by means of fixation on supports, "on line" and insertion in databases, etc. relating to
The authors of the winning and selected works must undertake to sign a document regarding the formalization of the transfer of the rights to exploit the work, accepting the conditions established by the contract.
The files received will not be returned to non-awarded authors, and in no case will it be possible to request a copy of the evaluation forms of the work.
Although not manifestly provided, this photo contest must be considered governed by the rules of the Italian Civil Code. The photographic award, in particular, is not subject to the discipline of Presidential Decree 430/2001 related to the regulation concerning the discipline of competitions and prize operations, having as its object the production of an artistic work for which the awarding of the prize represents a recognition of personal merit and, consequently, the case of exclusion, pursuant to art. 6 paragraph 1 letter a) of Presidential Decree 430/2001.
For the 2021 edition, will be also awarded one personality belonging to the world of journalism, culture and / or entertainment who, through their work and / or their work, has created a link with
the world of wine and art, literature or photography.
The Jury will choose the person to whom the prize is awarded, at its sole discretion, from among those who, during the year 2021, best represented the principle expressed above.
Therefore, this year, Cesari celebrates the art of photography in an international award that will enhance the best talents from all over the world, with a new jury of the highest-profile,
designated by Gerardo Cesari and Aliberti publishing company.
Here are the components: