Looking for purity
Jema by Gerardo Cesari and Compagnia Editoriale Aliberti present the first edition of the "Jema International Photo Award – Looking for purity". The award is reserved to photographers, professionals and beginners, without any limits of age or nationality, who will present a photographic work that represents purity for them.
|the twenty finalists works's longlist|
|download application form|
Purity is a word of profound suggestion that fades into meanings when, with grace and lightness, it passes from the world of wine to that of ethics, from the world of eros to that of gemmology. At the same time purity is the least understood and loved word of the contemporary age. But yet, without understanding the purity we don’t understand the world because we see it only in its dimension superficial and let us escape the vision of the most beautiful things. We lose, in this way, the hidden beauty in what surrounds us. Who is a depositary of purity doesn’t realize it, he can’t take possession of its own purity, it serves an external eye that will capture it and return it to the subject and to the whole world. That's why Jema by Gerardo Cesari and Compagnia editoriale Aliberti invite you to take part to Jema International Photo Award – “Looking for purity” and shape your personal idea of purity.
Jèma is a name with a double meaning, it stands for precious gem but also for gem of the vine, indicating that the wine is the result of the best the plant can offer. "JÈMA" CORVINA VERONESE IGT produced by Gerardo Cesari’s winery is born from the desire to enhance a fundamental wine variety of Valpolicella’s area, the Corvina. It’s in purity, like in Jema, that we can appreciate its different expressions in color, perfumes and richness.
The jury (the composition below in the following paragraph) will evaluate the candidated photographic works in the Pro category and, among these, it will select TWENTY finalist photos. All the finalist photos will be exhibited at the vernissage, helded in Verona in April (location in the city center to be defined). Among these twenty finalists it will be proclaimed the winning work of the Award, announced during the exhibition.
The winner of the Pro category
- will have their photo exposed in a preferred position during the already mentioned exhibition.
- will be hosted, with a date of theirs, by Gerardo Cesari for a weekend, in the occasion of Vinitaly 2019 (including entrance tickets for the wine event).
- 3 liters of Amarone with a plate.
- his photo will participate in the final exhibition, together with the photos of the Pro category.
Second and Third classified:
- the participation of their photo at the final exhibition of the Pro category.
- a magnum bottle of Jema will be given to each one.
Special Editorial Mention:
The Compagnia editoriale Aliberti editorial committee will assign a special mention to three photos. These photos may be selected from both the prize’s categories and they may be used as a cover image for future publications of the publishing house.
You can participate by subscribing TO one of the two categories of the prize: Pro or Open. You can freely choose between the two categories remembering that one excludes the other and that each
author can compete with only ONE PHOTOGRAPHIC ART WORK. For both categories of participation, participants must send an email to email@example.com by 10 March 2019 (the date of submission is valid) in which
they will attach:
1) the application form for the competition at the bottom of this announcement, or downloadable from the website www.cesariverona.it or www.aliberticompagniaeditoriale.it, complete in every voice.
2) the candidate work for the competition complying according to the technical requirements presented in the Notice of participation attached below.